Cars should line up on the left curbside of Lochlea from South Road when dropping off or picking up students. The crossing guard will be on duty beginning at 8:05 am.
Drivers may not leave their cars for any reason while in the carpool line. If a driver needs to come in the building then the car must be parked in the lot or on Sulgrave.
The school district offers yellow bus service for students, grades PK – 5, who live a mile or more from an elementary school. The Office of Transportation plans the routes based on home addresses.
- Buses are color-coded to distinguish between different neighborhood routes and schedules.
- A bus registration form is sent home the first day of school. This form includes the stops and to what color each bus is referred.
- If you have a concern about service to your stop, a bus situation or any other issue, please contact the school office.
- If a student’s stop changes for any reason the parent must notify the office immediately.
- Students who do not have a completed bus registration form on file in the main office and need to ride the bus to and/or from school due to a special circumstance must have a written note from their parent/legal guardian.
- If you want your child to start riding the bus at any point in the school year a bus registration form must be completed. Please contact the school secretary for one.
Students in grades 6–8 may use the MTA to travel to and from school each day by using the bus, subway or Light Rail. Students will receive a MTA student ID card along with an S-Pass to use for transportation. Each month a new S-Pass will be distributed at school. The S-Pass can be used on school days between 6 am and 8 pm all month long. More information will be provided to the students in grades 6–8 at the beginning of the school year.
Students living within one mile of the school often walk to school. It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure students understand the route to and from school. A crossing guard or staff member is on duty to help students cross Sulgrave and/or Kelly Avenues.
Parking is limited at the school. There is parking available on Sulgrave and in the parking lot in front of the playground. Parking on Lochlea is not permitted.
If a parents is dropping off or picking up a student drivers may not leave their cars running for any reason.