|7:00 am||Before Care (all grades)|
|7:50 am||Grades 6–8||Breakfast|
|8:00 am||Grades 6–8||Report to class|
|8:05 am||Grades PK–5||Breakfast|
|8:10 am||Grades 6–8||Class begins|
|8:15 am||Grades PK–5||Report to class|
|8:25 am||Grades PK–5||Class begins|
|2:50 pm||Grades 6–8||Dismissal bell|
|3:05 pm||Grades PK–5||Dismissal bell|
All students arriving for Before Care will report to the Lower Building, Door A. Students enter the Upper Building for breakfast using Door C.
Those students not eating breakfast will be escorted to the building from the Outdoor Classroom by their homeroom teacher. Adult supervision will not be provided at the Outdoor Classroom before 8:05 am.
If a student arrives after 8:10 am (Grades 6–8) or after 8:25 am (Grades 4 and 5) the student must enter the building using Door A (Main Door) for a late pass. Students will not be accepted to class without a late pass.
- Students who arrive before 8:05 am will be directed to the UEC Before Care Program in the Lower Building. A fee will be assessed by the Before Care Program and charged to parents.
- Carpool students should be dropped off on the left curb on the driver’s side at the corner of Lochlea and Sulgrave. Students may not be dropped off in front of the school on Sulgrave Avenue.
- Yellow bus students will remain on the bus until the 8:05 am bell then be escorted up the hill.
- On inclement weather days, students not going to breakfast will enter Door C no earlier than than 7:50 am (Grades 6–8) or 8:05 am (Grades PK, 4, and 5) and go directly to the gym.
All students enter the Lower Building using Door A for Before Care, breakfast, and the start of school.
No student or adult may wait on the school grounds. The gym is open at 8:05 am for anyone reporting before 8:15 am.
If a student arrives after 8:25 am they must enter the building using Door B (Main Door) for a late pass. Students will not be accepted to class without a late pass.
- Students who arrive before 8:05 am will be directed to the UEC Before Care Program in the gym. A fee will be assessed by the Before Care Program and charged to parents.
- Carpool students should be dropped off in the one-way loop in front of the church. Adults will assist students out of the car and direct them to Door A. No parking is permitted on the lot.
- Students riding the yellow bus will be escorted from the bus area by an adult to Door A.
- All students and parents will enter the school each day using Door A. This door will remain open until 8:25 am.
- After Care students (Grade 6 only) will be escorted to the cafeteria for check-in.
- Students in Grade 6 must exit the building at Door B, and Grade 7 students must exit through Door C. They may re-enter through Door D for afterschool activities.
Grades PK, 4, and 5
- After Care students will be escorted to the gymnasium for check in.
- Carpool students and walkers will be escorted and dismissed from Door D. Parents may park and walk to Door D to pick up their child. Students may not be picked up from Door C or by entering cars coming up or down Sulgrave Avenue.
- Cars should line up on the left curbside of Lochlea from South Road. Staff will be on duty to call students by car.
- Drivers may not leave their cars for any reason while in the carpool line. If a driver needs to come in the building then the car must be parked in the lot or on Sulgrave Avenue. If you park on Sulgrave, please do not block our neighbors’ driveways.
- Students taking the bus will exit out of Door B and will be escorted to the bus pick up area at the corner of Lochlea and Kelly.
- Children who are not picked up by 3:10 pm will be directed to the UEC After Care Program. No phone calls will be permitted. A fee will be assessed by the After Care Program and charged to the parent.
- After care students will be escorted to the gymnasium and bus students to their assigned bus by school staff.
- Carpool students will exit the building using Door B and be assisted to their cars by school staff.
- Drivers may not leave their cars for any reason while in the carpool line. If a driver needs to come in the building then the car must be parked off campus.
- Walkers will exit using Door B. Parents may park at the public lot on Smith Avenue and walk to Door B to pick up their child.
- Students riding the yellow bus will be escorted to the bus area by an adult using Door C.
Certain days during the year (parent-teacher conference days, for example) will be designated as Scheduled Early Dismissal days. The arrival schedule is as usual. On scheduled Early Dismissal days, students in grades PK to 5 are dismissed at 12:05 pm and bus transportation will be provided. Students in grades 6–8 will be dismissed at 11:50 am. After Care will be provided for grades PK to 6 immediately following dismissal and until 6:00 pm. Carpool students will be dismissed as usual and are to be picked up no later than 12:00 noon. Students are expected to travel home as usual unless the parent notifies the teacher in writing. Lunch is served on Scheduled Early Dismissal days.
The following dates have already been scheduled for 2012–13:
- December 14, 2012
- May 17, 2013
See the Inclement Weather Policy for information on unexpected early dismissals.